Sunday, January 11, 2004

I finally saw that first Lord of the Rings movie...

and, um, I fell asleep. I started to lose interest after the narrator recited the 4th generation of goddam hobbits, like "and Jezabah behest foribund". I just have one question for you Lord of the Rings fans...WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKIN'? My neighbour lent me part two as well--and guess what...I am not going to watch it. This is heresy to you people I know, but seriously, I do not understand the appeal. I found the movie, that as I recall was hailed as one of the best movies of the year, like a sleep potion. Do people really find all that "The hobbits are not ordinarily as powerful as the goblins, unless a hobbit happens upon an enchanted amulet, (that he finds in the stump of a thousand year old tree) in which case it increases his powers by a factor or 4" interesting?. It's like sushi to me. The whole time I am seeing all these rave reviews and thinking, okay, let's give this a try, it's going to be so great, and then you do and you get all Nigel Tuffnel..."Is this a fucking joke?" Sushi does not taste good and for a long time I thought people were only pretending to like it, and now I feel the same about the Lord of the Rings.


No comments: