Sunday, May 02, 2004

The Historical Figure with Whom You Would Most Like to Have Dinner?

For me, right off the bat I am all "Wow, no question--Jesus". But then, if I take time to think about it, I realize it could actually be a very awkward dinner. Why? Well, for one, because I assume he'd be appearing in his own time, there'd be no way we would be able to share any pop culture references. I for example, could not really ask if he is at all bummed about "Friends" ending. So what I am saying is there's really no room for small talk, which as we all know is the social lubricant.

I am guessing there could be some uncomfortable silences at times.


Second, what if he started pouring wine, and i'd (if i were a 12 stepper) would have to be all, "No thanks, man, i don't drink". Are you telling me that would not be awkward!? Look, he's Jesus, so I know he wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but come on, it's always a bummer when one person is drinking and the other isn't.

I wonder what kind of dinner music he would put on. I would be so bummed out if it was Zamfir or Enya or something.

No comments: