Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Cats Vs. Other Things As Pets

Cats are independent!

Hobos are also independent. They ride the rails all day; and they pack their own lunch in a bandana and then tie it to a stick. I have never seen a cat do that.

Cats are really clean!

So is my mother-in-law but I haven't seen any of you attempting to take her as a pet.
And, let's be honest -- this is a very liberal interpretation of the word "clean". Cats lick their little paws and then wipe their fur with their cat spit.

Oh, but cats poop in a box! (like that's a good thing!)

And that brings us right back to hobos.

Cats are self-reliant! They aren't all slobbery-loving-all-over-you like dogs, rather they are only sweet to you when they want something.

Is this really so special, do none of you have husbands?

So far, I remain unconvinced.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oh me too! Well put Ms Suburby!

Conners said...

I had a husband...I left him.
I had a cat...it left me.
My dog and I have each other.
This is how it should be!

FunkyMama said...

oh, i must be confused. i have a husband. and two dogs. and three cats. i must be missing something somewhere. maybe that's why we have the fish, too.