Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Here is something that has been bothering me for a long time

Why was my girlhood idol, Veronica Lodge, so totally obsessed with Archie Andrews, when Reggie was right there in front of her? WHY!? Reggie was way better looking, plus he has that cool sports car, and Archie was driving around in a jalopy for God's sake! Archie was also two-timing her with that insipid Betty Cooper. Betty Cooper! Really, the idea is preposterous. Uh, did Betty Cooper's parents have a pool? No, they did not.

It just blows all the Archie Comics credibility.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

OH. MY. GOD. I totally agree!! I so wanted to be Veronica when I was growing up.

Of course, you could also argue that Betty and Veronica were exactly the same chick - I mean, Betty WAS Veronica but with blonde hair and a ponytail. The pool and sheer attitude are definitely the major differentiating factors.

Suburby said...

Hi Jessica,

First, how cool that your brother is the voices of those Scooby doo characters! And, about the Betty and Veronoca thing--I know they are really the same girl, just with different hair colour, but there is just something I find really funny about kinda shaking my fist in the air saying Veronica is so much prettier, etc. I have an odd sense of humor. Thnaks so much for both of your comments!

Jessica said...

Thanks...I was glad I stopped by. I'll be a regular visitor now.

Suburby said...

Hi Trisha,

Well, you are right on the money with that point: Charlie Brown is no Reggie Van Pelt (or Patten, or whatever his name is). And, yes, I agree that Charlie and Peppermint Patty's relationship is never going to be more than platonic. Frankly, I also wonder about Lucy. And I second your whateva because um, the little red haired girl ain't all that. Thanks for the comment, Trisha!